Satellite & Center-Channel Speakers
Polk Audio Black Stone TL Series: The Polk Audio Black Stone TL series loudspeakers (TL1) feature new innovations specifically designed to enhance compact speaker performance. The Black Stone TL1 series speaker is a two-way satellite loudspeaker utilizing a bass-reflex enclosure with a rear-firing port. The TL1 series loudspeakers are equipped with 5-way binding posts and offer various mounting options.
Dynamic Balance Driver Technology: Polk Audio's patented Dynamic Balance process allows Polk to design their drivers specifically for flatter frequency response, revealing the sharpest details and a more lifelike transparency, with absolutely no strain even at high volume. It's a bold, rich, warm, and lifelike sound.
Time Lens Technology: The sophisticated laser alignment of the "acoustic center" of the Blackstone TL tweeters with their accompanying drivers results in far superior imaging. The acoustic centers of the tweeter and mid-range woofer are aligned, creating a crisp accurate soundstage. The acoustic centers of the tweeter and mid-bass driver are located in the same plane for superior imaging, while the acoustic lens incorporated in the grille smoothes the tweeter's frequency response.
Drivers: The Black Stone TL1 satellite & center-channel speakers feature a two-way design.
- 1/2" Silk Dome Tweeter: Each Polk Audio Black Stone TL1 satellite & center-channel loudspeaker utilizes a 1/2" silk-polymer dome tweeter for crisp, clear imaging, and smooth response that's never tiring.
- 2-1/2" Long-Throw Woofer: The Polk Audio Black Stone TL1 satellite loudspeakers use a 2-1/2" composite long-throw cone woofer, while the TL1 center-channel employs dual 2-1/2" composite long-throw cone woofers. Each long-throw woofer utilizes Dynamic Balance driver technology (Polk's patented transducer design process) to produce a flat frequency response, with sharp detail, transparency, and the ability to play loud without strain.
Frequency Response: The overall frequency response of each satellite loudspeaker is 120Hz-22kHz and the -3dB frequency response is 135-20kHz. The overall frequency response of the center-channel speaker is 95Hz-22kHz and the -3dB frequency response is 125-20kHz.
Bass Reflex Enclosure: The Polk Audio Black Stone TL1 satellite & center-channel speaker feature a non-resonant composite enclosure with a curved design, time-aligned geometry, integrated acoustic lens, an aperiodic-tuned rear port, and a beautiful high-gloss finish.
- Curved Design: The Polk Audio Black Stone TL1 loudspeakers employ non-parallel surfaces that not only lead to a stronger, more rigid and acoustically inert enclosure, but they also result in less audible coloration from internal surface resonances.
- Integrated Acoustic Lens: An innovative acoustic lens incorporated into the grille produces a high frequency response so smooth that it delivers a balanced, realistic performance. An acoustic lens is molded into the back of the speaker grille and helps create imaging frequency balance previously impossible in small high-performance satellite speakers.
- Aperiodic-Tuned Rear Port: An aperiodic-tuned rear port enables better blending with a subwoofer. This design combines the bass extension of an acoustic suspension enclosure with the mid-bass boost of a ported enclosure by controlling airflow through the port for better extension without distortion.
- High-Gloss Finish: The TL1 enclosure features a durable, deep automotive-strength high-gloss finish that matches today's most stylish flat-panel TVs. The TL1 satellites & center-channel speakers are available in a high-gloss black finish.
5-Way Binding Posts: The Polk Audio Black Stone TL1 center-channel is equipped with one pair of 5-way binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of speaker cables and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single or dual), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and bare wire (18-12 AGW).
Rubber Feet: The Polk Audio TL1 satellite & center-channel speakers feature integrated rubber feet so you can sit the speaker on a stand or shelf securely.
Wall Mountable: The TL1 satellite & center-channel speakers feature keyhole slots on the back of the cabinet for wall-mounting the speakers without any additional wall-mount bracket (mounting screws not supplied). There is also a 1/4"-20 threaded insert on the back of each loudspeaker for mounting the speaker to the wall using an optional articulating bracket (sold separately).
8" Woofer: The Polk Audio powered subwoofer features a downfiring 8" long-throw Dynamic Balance poly-composite woofer with a foam surround for big, deep bass.
Built-in 50 Watt Amplifier: The down-firing woofer is powered by a built-in 50 watt RMS (100 watt Peak) amplifier.
Bass Reflex Enclosure: The Polk Audio powered subwoofer utilizes a bass-reflex enclosure with a down-firing port. The powered subwoofer's enclosure features heavy-duty, non-resonant ABS construction with an elegant satin black finish that creates the ideal décor accent.
Audio Controls: The Polk Audio powered subwoofer features the following rear-panel audio controls.
- Volume: The powered subwoofer features a rotary volume knob to adjust the subwoofer's volume to your preference.
- Low-Pass Crossover: The rotary low-pass crossover knob adjusts the frequency range over which the subwoofer operates. You can adjust the subwoofer's low-pass crossover between 80-160Hz to prevent mid & high frequencies passing through to the woofer.
- Phase: The powered subwoofer's phase switch can be set at 0 or 180 degrees. Whichever phase setting sound louder of fuller at the subwoofer's crossover point is the optimum setting.
Audio Connections: The Polk Audio powered subwoofer features the following line-level & speaker-level audio connections.
- Line Level: The powered subwoofer is equipped with a pair of gold-plated line-level (RCA-type) inputs for connecting the subwoofer/LFE output of your A/V receiver to the powered sub.
- Speaker Level: The powered subwoofer is also equipped with two pair of speaker-level input terminals and two pair of speaker-level output terminals to connect the powered subwoofer between the front-channel speaker outputs of your AV receiver and the speaker terminal inputs on this system's satellite speakers.
Automatic Turn-On/Off Circuitry: The powered subwoofer features auto on/off circuitry which automatically turn the subwoofer on when it senses an audio signal. When no signal is present, the circuit turns the subwoofer off after 15 minutes.
Frequency Response: The overall frequency response of the powered subwoofer is 40Hz-160Hz and the -3dB frequency response is 45-160kHz.