- Playback of DSD64 (2.8224MHz), DSD128 (5.6448MHz), DXD (24bit/352.8KHz), PCM signal up to 32bit/384KHz including
- 24bit/192KHz WAV/FLAC and full range of hi-res audio file formats
- ES9018K2M Sabre³² Reference DAC built-in
- XMOS 32Bit/500MIPS digital signal processing unit
- Phono INPUT (Moving Magnet) for turntable
- Load your vinyl and cassette tape collections to the X40 in 192kHz sample rate
- Music Streaming Services like Qobuz, Simfy and Internet Radio.
- UPnP Media Server & Renderer for streaming playback and control remotely via network.
- 5 inch full color TFT LCD for intuitive GUI
- HDMI Out connector for using an external screen like TV as its GUI screen
- Supports up to 3.5" SATA hard disk 4TB, 2.5" hard disk and SSD
- Toroidal transformer minimizing idle noise
- FM Radio Tuner built-in
- Recording with hi-res 24bit/192KHz sample rate
- Provides the customized Web Interface(WebUI) for remote control and MusicDB management
- Works with various free apps available at app stores
- Rugged chassis construction with 12mm thickness aluminum front
- Versatile software functionalities
※Subscription required for online music services
Native DSD file direct playback Store DSD files in the X40 storage and just play it with the X40 directly.
The X40 supports DSD64 (2.8224MHz), DSD128 (5.6448MHz), DXD (24Bit/352.8KHz) and PCM up to 32Bit/384KHz sample rate including 24bit/192KHz WAV/FLAC.
A World-Class Premium DSD DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)
The X40 applies ESS Sabre DAC ES9018K2M cooperating with XMOS 32Bit/500MIPS Digital Signal Processor.
SABRE³² Reference DAC ES9018K2M Patented 32bit Hyperstream DAC
XMOS 32Bit/500MIPS Digital Signal Processing unit
The power supply features toroidal transformer minimazing idle noise.
High quality Analog Out terminal
The high quality analog out terminal guarantees lossless singal transmission.
Enjoy ultra high quality sound via Analog Out and Headphone Out of the X40
Balanced & Unbalanced Analog Out (Pre-Out)
· Unbalanced RCA, L/R, Pre-Out, Dynamic Range: -120dB THD+N (Max 2Vrms, Stereo), 127dB DNR
· Balanced AES/EBU XLR, L/R, Pre-Out, Dynamic Range:-120dB THD+N (Max 4.5Vrms, Stereo), 127dB DNR
6.35mm jack, 500mW+500mW at 1KHz, 32 ohm, 0.1% THD
Load your vinyl to the X40 in Hi-Res digital audio file Load your vinyl and cassette tape collections to the X40 in 192KHz sample rate and even edit them after recording
Phono IN (MM Input)
Connect turntable to the X40 Phono IN directly to play or record. Load your vinyl collections to the X40 in 192KHz, 96KHz or 48KHz sample rate and even edit them after recording
Hi-res digital output / input (24bit/192kHz)
HDMI Out connector for external screen as GUI screen Connect to your TV to view bigger GUI or a slideshow of photos while listening to your tracks
HDMI OUT for external screen
Connect external big screen through HDMI out
Aluminum CNC cutting
Front panel is based on 12mm thickness aluminum by CNC cutting. Volume knob and button are all aluminum by CNC cutting
FM Radio Tuner
Connect the X40 to your network to stream music to and from other devices, listen to cloud based music services and control remotely using mobile devices
Control remotely using mobile devices including: iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets by download free UPnP Apps
The X40 is a UPnP (DLNA) Media Server& Renderer so you can stream music to and from other compatible devices (e.g. WiFi speakers)
Use the cocktailAudio Web Interface to control the X40 and manage the Music DB remotely
Manage your files (Copy, move or delete) over a network thanks to support for Samba
Access music streaming services:Qobuz, Simfy and Internet Radio
Load all your CDs onto the X40 in FLAC, ALAC, WAV, MP3 or Ogg file format with CD tag info and album cover art
Buillt-in Music Database
The X40 has a well-organized Music Database built-in. Display all songs by album, artist, genre, composer or title and even search
Up to 4TB internal storage
The X40 supports up to 4TB 3.5" and 2.5" SATA HDDs(Hard Disk Drives) and also SSDs (Solid State Drives)